Tuesday 12 April 2011

The Great Escape - Part One Ashburton & Dartmoor

So I managed to get out of Darkmouth today...and escape firstly to Ashburton on a thinly veiled trip to buy fabric for my new fitting room...uuummmm. As much as I love my shop it is rather refreshing to escape and as one person bellowed at me during dinner last week - the world does not stop at the top of town Sainsburys. Quite.

 Once in Asburton I hit upon a four pronged attack which was as follows:
At first this looks like a 50`s prom skirt -But its not! its a lampshade!  - The Snug
Pop in to see the lovely Ros in her gorgeous Vintage emporium The Snug, Check out The Shambles ( which was piled high with so much lovely stuff I wanted to weep) go to Artisans & Artists to look at all the new Farrow & Ball colours, Malabar fabrics and prints and then onto No 14 to nail  fishcakes, Olives and a sneaky glass of wine. Below is just the tip of the iceberg of my longing.....The Plan after Ashburton was return home, check in at at the shop and go back to my laptop which was still switched on and blinking angrily. None of that happened. Instead I went on the most enjoyable jaunt which consisted of a whistle stop tour of Dartmoor in the blazing sunshine. Bliss.

Vintage Letters - The Snug
Swallow & Butterfly in Antique Bell Jar - Artisans & Artists




50`s feathered Hat - the Snug



The River Dart








A lovely day apart from the demon child with the evil eyes who angrily chucked wood at our car






No comments:

Post a Comment