Saturday 19 November 2011

Thats Entertainment - Drinks Table

Rita Konig`s Drinks Table
As its getting near Christmas and for the first time ever I'm doing a very grown up thing and cooking the family Christmas dinner I thought it was a good time to re-ignite my interest in creating a drinks table. Rita Konig who I'm so into I'm almost her stalker reignited my interest when I saw pictures of hers in her NY Times column. Growing up my mum had one on a beautiful marble top sewing table she got in France.  It was momentarily dismantled when she lost her confidence  after a daft neighbour declared it "Ostentatious" ( stupid old bat) but it was soon re-instated bigger and even better before with antique decanters and glasses. It feels very grown up to have a drinks tray, terribly cocktails at six darling and sweeping bias cut gowns so I'm working on mine right now.

An image from Domino magazine


The good thing about it is you can put so much more on it than booze.  My grandfather left me an ancient bottle of Drambuie with a hand written label ( inscribed by his fair hand)which is as touching as it is beautiful. This will take pride of place alongside an antique decanter and some new updates which include two beautiful cocktail glasses from Distinctly Living a bargain at £20.00, an Anthropologie cocktail napkin and speckled tumblers and also an ice bucket. Like Rita I'm going to keep the mixers, mini pretzels and olives separately in a mesh basket kindly donated to me by the people at Commerce.


For quite some time I have also had my eye on the engraved tumblers from Ben Pentreath`s utterly beautiful shop.  Can this man do no wrong.  You will all be bored to tears with pictures of my new drinks table once it is completed.

No comments:

Post a Comment